Natural Stress Relievers
With gifts to purchase, visiting family and meals to plan, for some, the holiday season can be full of stress. Enjoy these five helpful tips to help keep your cool in the coming weeks.
1. Seek sunshine. If it’s sunny, take a walk outdoors. If the weather is dreary meditate inside.
2. Set realistic goals. Say it with us—you can’t please everybody all the time. Weigh what you can actually accomplish with what you’d like to and make a plan from there.
3. Be conscious of what you’re eating. During the holiday’s we tend to eat a lot, and it’s not always the best types of food. Stay aware of what you’re putting into your body and be sure to get your fair share of fruits and veggies.
4. Don’t overdo it. Getting enough rest plays a key role in leading a happy and healthy life.
5. Take a break. Set aside time for yourself to regroup.
A Gift Guide for Your Spine
Looking for the perfect gift for yourself or someone in your life that’s experiencing back pain? Look no further. Consider these four thoughtful and spine-friendly presents.
A gym membership. Back pain can sometimes be the result of weak muscles. Strengthening your back and body can help prevent future aches and pains.
An ergonomic chair. If you do a lot of sitting at work or home, a chair designed to support your spine is a necessity.
A massage. Back pain can also result from consistently tense muscles. Relieve them with a gentle, soothing massage.
A chiropractic checkup. If you haven’t seen us lately and are experiencing back pain, give us a call to schedule a visit or two before the New Year so you’re able to fully enjoy the holiday season. Or, consider giving the gift of chiropractic to a loved one.
Healthy New Year Resolutions
As your partner in health, we hope you’ll consider what you can do to make 2020 your best year yet. Consider setting these goals to make the transition easier than ever.
1. Add instead of subtracting. When it comes to resolutions, a lot of people start by promising to “give up” bad foods. Instead, try to focus on adding healthier options to your diet, including more glasses of water each day.
2. Eat the rainbow. Purchase fresh fruits and vegetables of all varieties—you can even make a game out of it with your family by vowing not to leave the market until you’ve found food of 5 different hues.
3. Schedule time to exercise. If you actually pencil in a time to visit the gym or go for a walk, you’re more likely to accomplish it and continue the pattern going forward.
Wondering what else you can do to better yourself for the New Year? Naturally, consider making a chiropractic checkup to start the year at your best.