Why Not Walk?!
Youve frequently heard about the health benefits of walking, but unfortunately, many of us see it as a boring activity that we do alone. However, there are a number of ways to make walking fun, lose weight and reap some wonderful health benefits!
Fun you say? Yes, fun! Consider these suggestions:
- Get a friend to join you Exercise is always more fun when you have a friend along and you may not even notice how far youre gone or how long youve been walking when youre engaged in conversation.
- What about Fido? Stop letting your dog out the back door and put him/her on a leash then let him/her take the lead and just try to keep up! Youll both get more fit.
- Make it a game Take an uncharted path or walk until you see five For Sale signs. Play a new game every day.
- Walk to the music Take along an MP3 player and walk to the music. Speed it up to a fast song and slow it down a bit to a ballad.
- Window shop while you walk not only will you save money youll get some great exercise as well!
- When it gets too cold or hot head to an indoor shopping [center] to walk. Walk along each level and take the stairs no escalators thats cheating!
- Read a book while you walk get an audio book and youll be looking forward to each days chapter as you get in shape.
- Change the times when you walk so its not so routine morning sunrise one day, lunch break another or after dinner.
- Give yourself a reward monetary or other to make walking rewarding as more than just exercise!
Walking can be fun and great exercise to relieve stress, to lose or maintain weight and to give yourself a feeling of accomplishment. And if youre able walk to our practice for your regular chiropractic appointments to stay healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.