At first glance, most people dont see the connection between chiropractic and pregnancy. However, there are four stages in which having an optimally working nervous system can help both mother and child.
Chiropractic care prepares the body to be as strong, supple and balanced as possible to carry the pregnancy.
Regular chiropractic care during pregnancy appeals to mothers who seek a natural approach to better health.
Labor and Birth
Many rely on chiropractic care to help assure optimum biomechanics of the hips and spine in the hopes of reducing the need for interventions during the birth process.
Even natural births can stress a babys spine. Breastfeeding problems can arise if the baby has a subluxation and is unable to comfortably turn its head to one side.
Relax. We use special approaches to make our adjustments safe and comfortable for you and your child.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Of course not. This is a common concern among parents who mistakenly think their child will receive adjustments like the ones they receive. Not only are adjusting techniques modified for each persons size and unique spinal problem, an infants spine rarely has the long-standing muscle tightness seen in adults. This makes the energy needed to adjust a childs spine considerably less than an adults does.
- No. Only the spinal joints that are locked up receive adjustments. This allows weakened muscles and ligaments to stabilize and heal.
- Being born is a natural phenomenon. Its what weve done to the birth process that has become increasingly suspect. In hospitals, birth is often treated like a disease. A newborns introduction to the world is often accompanied by a severe drop in temperature, loud noises and other insensitivities. The administration of drugs and anesthesia can have a profound effect on a newborn.
- First, you dont need anyones approval to seek a chiropractic opinion about health issues affecting your child! The judgment of another health care expert is always helpful in the decision-making process. Medical practitioners keeping up with the latest pediatric chiropractic research are starting to understand the value of this natural, drug-free approach to better health.
- Pregnancy may be one of the best times to receive chiropractic care! While its always good to have an optimally functioning nervous system, its especially helpful now. Both mother and baby can benefit. Adjusting methods are adapted to a mothers size, weight and condition. During this period of weight gain and hormonal changes, many mothers seek chiropractic care. Some report shorter and easier births.