Headaches are common, but theyre not normal.
Pain relievers of various types are the most common approach to headaches. In our practice we take a more natural approach. Our objective is to find and reduce the underlying cause of a headache.
A common cause of headaches is from spinal bones in the neck that arent supporting the head properly. You might not notice your reduced ability to turn your head. But these subluxations affect nerves, muscles and even the blood supply to your head.
Our thorough examination detects subluxation patterns that could be causing your headaches. If subluxations are present, youre likely to benefit from chiropractic care.
Click here to try our at-home range of motion test.Some are surprised to learn that their headaches are being caused by problems in their lower back! The upper spine compensates, shifting the head off [center], causing headaches.
While we cant guarantee results we have a high success rate with patients who get headaches. Give us a call. Lets sit down and discuss your unique situation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Not necessarily. The three most common causes are physical trauma, emotional stress or chemical toxins. Sometimes there may be a combination of factors. Our examination process helps identify the most likely cause(s).
- There are three basic causes of subluxations. Physical causes could include slips and falls, accidents, repetitive motions, and improper lifting. Emotions, such as stress, anger and fear can cause of subluxations. Chemical causes could include alcohol, drugs, preservatives, pollution and poor diet.
- The pain you feel is real. And psychological sources of pain are common. However, this diagnosis is often the last resort of health practitioners who have exhausted their possible explanations of the cause of your problem. In these cases, weve often found that undetected subluxations are likely culprits.
- Some patients enjoy results quickly. Others notice a slow decline in their symptoms after several weeks or longer of chiropractic care. Its impossible to predict. If youve had chronic headaches for many years, improvement can take time. We monitor your progress and modify our recommendations as needed.
- If were unable to find and correct the cause of your particular health problem, we will refer to other experts who may be able to help. Your health and your satisfaction are our only goal.
- Thats changing. Years of prejudice and bias are giving way to research showing the benefits of chiropractic care. Attitudes are slow to change. However, as the public demands alternatives to drugs and surgery, more and more medical practitioners are referring to chiropractors.