Chiropractic Adjustments Are Essential
Spinal joints that arent moving right can choke or irritate nearby nerves. Chiropractic adjustments add motion to these stuck joints, reducing nervous system disruption. Then, health has the best opportunity to return.
Sometimes a specific, highly-accurate thrust is used. Or an instrument delivers carefully directed energy. Or a slow, constant pressure is used. Several areas may be adjusted, or just one. Sometimes a popping sound is heard.
Because we rely on adjustments to help your body right itself”, were highly proficient.
Most patients report a sense of well-being and ease. After all, if adjustments weren’t pleasant, our patients wouldnt return for the multiple visits needed to retrain their spine!
Newborns, infants, children, seniors and even back surgery patients can get adjusted. Naturally, adjustments are tailored to your size, age and particular health issue.
Find out for yourself by scheduling a no-obligation consultation to discuss your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Yes. A New Zealand government study found that adjustments are remarkably safe. Chiropractic care enjoys an excellent track record. A thorough exam can identify the rare person for whom chiropractic care might be unsuited.
- No. Only the spinal joints that are locked up receive adjustments. The occasional spinal joints that move too much, are passed over so weakened muscles and ligaments can stabilize and heal.
- The number of adjustments varies with each patient and their individual health goals. Many patients sense some progress within a week or two of frequent visits. Visits are less often as your spine stabilizes. In difficult cases, complete healing can take months or even years.
- Even todays natural childbirth methods can affect an infants spine. Colic, unusual crying, poor appetite or erratic sleeping habits can be signs of spinal distress. Adjustments are gentle. Knowing exactly where to adjust, no more pressure than youd use to test the ripeness of a tomato is involved.
- No. Some people can make their joints pop but thats not an adjustment! Adjustments are specific and take years to master. Even your chiropractor must consult a colleague to benefit from chiropractic care.
- Most patients report a sense of well-being or a feeling of calmness. Since repeated adjustments are necessary, if adjustments didnt feel good, patients wouldnt return to finish their care. Chiropractors are experts at making adjustments feel good.
- Of course. When developing a care plan, your chiropractor considers the unique circumstances of each patient. There are many ways to adjust the spine. The method selected will be best suited to your age, size and spinal problem.
- Pain of any kind, at any age, is a sign that something isnt right. Pain is the way your body signals that a limit has been reached or a problem has developed. Since we can adapt, minor aches and pains are often shrugged off. While they may go away, if the underlying problem remains unattended, the problem can slowly worsen until it becomes more difficult and expensive to resolve.
- Yes. Rest assured that we will avoid the surgically modified areas of your spine. However, surgery may produce compensation reactions either above or below the involved level. If necessary, these other areas will be the focus of your chiropractic care.